I’m a little late to the party, but here’s my first Fandom 5 Friday post! A brilliant idea started by fellow bloggers The Nerdy Girlie & Super Space Chick, 5 Fandom Friday is a weekly post in the form of a top 5 list based on predetermined topics to get the creative juices going and keep the blog flowing (plus the chance to write more about our favorite things!).
Up this week, it’s ‘Fictional characters you would invite to your Thanksgiving feast’!
While pondering this, all of these main characters kept popping into my mind but then I thought, that’s a bit too obvious, isn’t it? So I decided, who needs ’em? Too much drama anyway – invite all those protagonists over and you might as well paint a big red “x” on the house. They’re probably too busy saving the world, and inadvertently but expertly finding trouble, to accept the invitation anyway. So instead I bring you…
5 Fandom Friday: Thanksgiving with the equally as interesting, important, and awesome side characters of fandom
1. Fred & George Weasley – Lively guests with a great sense of humor are always welcome at my table, and I imagine with them there will never be a dull moment throughout the evening. Ok, yes, Brooke that’s two people. But they’re a packaged deal (oh dear, go away feels) and they can share a seat, all right?
2. Molly Hooper – Because you never know when you’re going to need a trusty forensic pathologist at a holiday meal, am I right? Kidding and her skills/intelligence aside, who wouldn’t want the kindhearted, quirky, quiet strength sort of awesomeness that is Molly Hooper at your Thanksgiving meal? She’s relatable, observant, and would make an effort to get along with all.
3. Iroh – Bring that tsungi horn, some jasmine tea, and a pai sho board and we’ve got ourselves a party! Not to mention a great sense of humor wrapped around words of wisdom, Iroh would not only make everyone feel welcome, but probably have us all experience some sort of major life epiphany before the night ends. I enjoy a healthy dose catharsis with my holidays, don’t you?
4. Arthur Shappey (I’d say the whole Cabin crew, but I feel like I used my loophole card already so…) – Charades, a super helper with serving (though perhaps not preparing) the food, someone to call your meal brilliant even if it was only moderately delicious? A quite often genuinely happy guy, Arthur Shappey would be welcome to my Thanksgiving feast any time!
5. April Ludgate – Because this dinner party could probably use a little more deadpanned one-liners thrown into the mix. April would either make sure no one gets out of line, or perpetrate an all-out, free-for-all, model UN-style food fight. Either is fine with me, so long as the pies remain off the civilian casualties list.
A tough narrowing down of so many agreeable characters (I mean, geez, all five could easily have been Harry Potter characters), but for today at least, my Thanksgiving guest list is all set. Food coma countdown: 6 days.
So what characters would be dining at your table next week if they could? Leave a comment below or link to your own 5 Fandom Friday post! Thanks for reading, cheers! Until then…
*Bonus round (because necessary subcategory) – If I were to join the Thanksgiving meal onboard any ‘traditional space crew’ type ship, at the moment it would stand as follows: The Ebon Hawk (original KotOR crew), Serenity, the Bebop, the Millennium Falcon, and the USS Enterprise! Turns out I’m basically a sucker for the unlikely rag-tag crew on a mission trope.